Saturday, February 6, 2010

6. I Love You, Man (2009, Comedy)

Movie #6: I Love You, Man (2009, Comedy)

Very, very funny.

I knew it would be enjoyable to watch, since Jason Segel and Paul Rudd are both so hilarious and two of my favorites. I've been loving Paul Rudd since the Clueless days and Segel since Freaks and Geeks and I'm thrilled so see how much these two comedians have been working together in the aftermath of the Apatow explosion.

Anyway, the movie. The first 30 minutes were actually mildly uncomfortable to watch. I just felt so sad for Paul Rudd's character -- he was really lonely! All he wanted was a male friend! He had NO friends! None! It tugged on my bleeding heart. The dialogue was witty and there were bountiful awkward moments (a surefire way to make me love your movie).

For all its good points, though, something was just off about the whole thing. I think that the writers may have tried to integrate too many subplots. They made the movie drag out and took away from character development.

Final Grade: B

This movie was watched on 2/6/10.
This post was written on February 13th, but was postdated for continuity.



No comments:

Post a Comment